Monday 4 March 2013

A taste of birding in Penang.

A few weeks ago, I took a visiting bird photographer from the UAE around the birding sites in Penang for some bird photography. This is Mohamed's first birding experience here in Malaysia and although the it could have been better but the birds eventually did managed to provide him with a memorable trip. And save me the embarrassment as well. Here are just some of the images he managed to capture during his trip here and one thing is for sure, he will be making a return trip pretty soon for more of Malaysia's feathered jewels.

 Black-naped Oriole

 Olive-backed Sunbird

 Pacific Swallow

Collared Kingfisher

White-throated Kingfisher

Barn Swallow

Asian Glossy Starling

Yellow-vented Bulbul

13 comments:

mikebirder said...

Beautiful set of birds.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Thanks, Mike. His images did turn out really well.

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

beautiful! Pak Arab with Mark IV ;)

许启文 said...

i like the white throated Kingfisher!

许启文 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Choy Wai Mun said...

Yes Tabib, I agree with you.

Adolph, we were lucky to be at the right place at the right time to shoot this.

Russell Jenkins said...

I was going to comment on the starring Oriole that kicks this post off but as I scrolled down my breathe was constantly taken away. What exceptional photography and a country full of jewels.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Thanks, Russell. Both my guest and I had a rather good trip in the end.

Phil Slade said...

I think I would be heading back your way too if i'd taken pictures like that.The oriole has some bill for a bird of that family.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Thanks, Phil.

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Wonderful photo of the oriole! This should now be called a Sunda Golden Oriole, different from the wintering race which has more yellow on tertials and secondaries.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Another split, huh? Thanks for the update.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Thank you, Julie.