Friday 12 June 2015

My Garden Birdwatch 2015

It is time to put on your citizen scientist’s coat and give a helping hand to the conservation of bird life in Malaysia. This year, My Garden Birdwatch (MYGB) will be held on the 20th and 21st of June 2015. All you need to do is record and count all the birds you see from your garden for 30 minutes on any of the two dates. It is as easy as that. To register yourself for this significant survey or for more information, please do visit the MYGB website. Below is the image of one of commonest birds in Malaysia that can be found in most residential areas, the Pacific Swallow. Usually ignored by most birders due to its abundance, this graceful aerial feeder has adapted perfectly to living alongside humans. It certainly does brighten up my day every time I see it glide overhead as I head out to work in the morning.


2 comments:

John Holmes said...

Good Luck with the MYGB !

Bird surprises so close to home are much more fun than something you might encounter miles away, I think.

Choy Wai Mun said...

Thanks, John.